Oh dear fluff! I love me some cloth diapers. If you are a cloth diapering mama, or know someone who is, you probably know we are pretty much obsessed with them. But by know I have honed my cloth diapers skills and I know what work for us and what doesn’t.
When Button Diapers approached me to review one of their diapers I jumped on the opportunity.
Button Diapers, a two-in-one system
Sometimes referred in the cloth diaper circles are all-in-two or AI2. An AI2 systems is a reusable insert that is often snapped onto the shell that can be reused. As opposed to an all-in-one system where the whole thing needs to be washed after one use, an AI2 insert goes directly against baby’s tush, if there is only urine the insert goes in the diaper pail and the shell can be reused. By far this is my favorite method, it has the convenience of a one piece and it’s easier on the pocket to not be washing the shell so much, thus elongating the life of the shell as well.
Button Diapers Highlights
- Shell is made from 2 layers of waterproof PUL
- Double gussets around the legs means double protection against leaks
- Shell is one size with three different levels adjusted by naps. So one shell fits a baby between 9 lbs to 35 lbs
- Insert is made from 4 layers of absorbent microfiber and a super soft layer of fleece on top that wicks moisture away from baby
- Nighttime insert available for those long stretches with 6 layers for extra absorbency
- Super affordable at only $11 for the covers and $3.50 for the inserts. It seriously is one the most affordable of the hybrid systems I have seen
- Excellent quality
- Created by a husband and wife team, created right there in their home!
I have seriously enjoyed giving Button Diapers a test drive. As I said, the AI2 system is my favorite, and button diapers offer great quality for an affordable price. My son is almost out of diaper (making great strides in self-potty training lately!) but I know I will be ordering many button diapers when we decide baby#2! After 2+ years of cloth diapering full time I know by now what works, and I know a good diaper when I see it. Button Diapers definitely gets this cloth diapering mama’s seal of approval!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.